Banned Users/ Removed Posts from Methownet.com

Banned Users/ Removed Posts from Methownet.com

Postby mikeps » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:58 am

Anyone have the posts that got Nobody Banned and observer's post deleted today in Matt's "OCEC demand - what do we know??
" (http://www.methowvalley.com/bb/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=13298)

I'm not trying to be snarky, not even a LITTLE by asking but would like to know what they said to rile the sysop. ;-)
-- Mike, Mazama
mikeps

Re: Banned Users/ Removed Posts from Methownet.com

Postby pasayten » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Mike,

I did not save the posts, but I remember reading some unfavorable comments that pointed to specific board members and OCEC director... It would have probably been fine if nobody had also included his real name... also observer... But the two of them kind of looked like the same person to me... lol... :-)

I can understand the current high level of frustrations and concerns by all... It is just that it may be better if you critisize somebody on a community public board, especially in a small community like ours, be ready to also include your real name. Then the target of the comment can choose to respond or not respond to the post as it then has a name and face associated with it. Anonymous critisims really do not deserve a response. That is just my humble and honest opinion however.

It is the reason that I have also set up this particular section in this bb... for a little more wide open discussions... general folks will not be looking to sell or buy here... or making community public announcements... They will be here knowing that it is more open for snarkiness, sarcasm, truth, lies, trolls, whatever... They should be more desensitized to the outrageous, the far left or far right ideals, the strange threading of some facts, the rantings, etc... All the stuff that is entertaining to some... LOL!!!

:mrgreen:

Take Care
Ray (pasayten)
pasayten

Return to General